Perched on the edge of Europe and at the vanguard of maritime exploration, Portugal’s cuisine is sprinkled with spices from Africa and Asia and interwoven with the earlier influences of Arabs, Greeks, Phoenicians, Iberians and many more. Despite its long Atlantic Coast, Portugal’s diet is Mediterranean full of seafood, olive oil, wine, bread, cheese, fresh vegetables and herbs. Join us for a feast of piri piri chicken, bacalhau croquettes, custard tarts and so much more, with chef Jose Silva (of Bibo and Sydney’s best Portuguese bakery, Sweet Belem) as our expert guide.
You'll find a potato ricer handy for mashing potato for the croquettes and flatbread in this kit.
Each 2-week pack includes:
- a video of Jose discussing Portuguese cuisine
- at least 5 recipe videos (4 savoury; 1 sweet)
- all the premium ingredients necessary to create 2 generous 2-course meals for 2 people - we assume you have plain flour, castor sugar and vegetable oil unless you order them here (they're free).
- a full-colour eMagazine with extra Portuguese recipes, food, wine & travel info
- matched wine suggestions
- Spotify playlist of Jose's favourite music to cook to
- membership of the Be Inspired online forum to share inspiration with our passionate cooks, great chefs and awesome producers
- an invitation to purchase tickets for the Portuguese 'graduation dinner' in November
Just $47.25/person for each 2-course restaurant-quality meal!