Master Sushi Chef Hideo Dekura has taught me so much about Japanese food over more than 20 years. Now I'm thrilled to share his inspiration with you. Join us for a delicious month of Japanese classics including yakitori chicken skewers with teriyaki sauce, miso-glazed eggplant, pork tonkatsu and chirashi-zushi (the easiest sushi of all). Plus you'll master making sushi rice and your own delicious dashi for miso soup.
Each 2-week pack includes:
- a video of Hideo-san discussing Japanese cuisine
- 6 step-by-step recipe videos (5 savoury; 1 sweet), plus basics such as making dashi and sushi rice
- all the premium ingredients necessary to create 2 generous 2-course meals for 2 people - we assume you have plain flour, castor sugar and vegetable oil unless you order them here (they're free).
- matched sake and wine suggestions (with the option to purchase) here
- Spotify playlist of Hideo-san's favourite music to cook to
- membership of the Be Inspired online forum to share inspiration with our passionate cooks, great chefs and awesome producers
- a full-colour e-magazine with extra Japanese recipes, food, wine & travel info
- an invitation to purchase tickets for the Japanese 'graduation dinner' in August
Just $179 ($44.75/person for each 2-course restaurant-quality meal)
Delivery is on Friday 17 June, with produce packed to remain fresh for at least 10 days and menus designed so that the most perishable foods are used first.